3 - ... And by the bulkhead ALL'IPOTASSI RETURN
From the style segmented (paratactic text)
cohesive style (text hypotactic)
... and back
Rule No. 1: The text paratactic (ie, preference for the style segmented) is not indicative of minor stylistic maturity or "inability to write" to the text hypotactic (cohesive style)
Rule No. 2: Do not confuse a paratactic text with a text by the basic structure, "primitive" (typical of those who have difficulty conceptualize and express themselves in written language).
Rule No. 3: The text is paratactic result of a meticulous work of clarification, simplification, reduction. Generally it is the point of arrival (not departure) of those who have done their job of writing: journalists, novelists, scholars ...
1) In the style segmented sentences, all the main, are united:
- for coordination (and ... e = coordinating conjunction, but = cong. adversative)
- for asindeto (, ..., ..., ...;)
2) In the style of a cohesive self-dependent than the main clause subject of I, II, etc..
Two or more sentences coordinates can be transformed into the main + subordinate through the use to:
- subordinating conjunctions: although, so, when, although ...
- relative pronoun: who, whom, where, with whom ....
-
past participle of the verb - gerund
- complements various
- nominalization of the verb
Example: Peter has gone to the cinema has brought Mary Mary is his girlfriend (paratactic text) or
When Peter went the cinema has brought his girlfriend Maria
or Peter, who is engaged to Mary, took her to the movies or
Peter Going to the movies, he brought with him Mary, his fiancee
or Peter, engaged to Mary, took her to the movies or
Peter brought his girlfriend to the movies Mary
There are, therefore, ways to transform a text in a paratactic hypotactic: is preferred, generally, the solution more "economic", the one that requires the use of fewer elements in the sentence
registry formal and informal register of the language
The choice of linguistic register is a choice of consistency must be defended to the end ... ! The differences between informal and formal registers record are particularly evident in 'use of the subjunctive The subjunctive
is required in both the formal and informal register of the language:
After some or subordinating conjunctions (so that, though, although, if) or
After some impersonal expressions (it is good, necessary, necessary that, it's easy, difficult, maybe, maybe, you'd better) or
After some verbs expressing desire, hope, permit, order, prohibition (I hope, I hope, I want, I want) or
With adjectives and indefinite pronouns ( everyone, whatever ...)
Subjunctive or indicative in alternative (depending on the registry used): o After
certain impersonal expressions (it is natural that it is strange that it is unfortunate that, it's nice that that is bad) or
During hypothetical unreality (If a student was better, if I had studied it would be better) or
In interrogative sentences Indirect (I wonder who you really are, I wonder who you are) or
Expressions comparative, superlative (the best book I know)
or verbs that express opinions (I think, it seems, it seems)
0 comments:
Post a Comment